Salem Arts Association
Board Member (2021-Present)
Exhibitions Chair (2022)
Association of Historians of Nineteenth Century Art
Social Media Coordinator (2019-2021)
Annual Symposium Committee Member (2013, 2014, 2016, 2019)
- Developed and maintained social media accounts for the organization
- Managed two volunteers who are responsible for weekly posts and topic scheduling.
- Collected, analyzed, and interpreted raw data to make informed decisions about targeted audiences, content reach, and funding solutions.
- Collaborates with other academic organizations and AHNCA working groups to build membership and cross-discipline initiatives.
Contributing Editor, Educational Technologies and Instructional Design (2018 - 2021)
Peer Reviewer for the Journal, Art History Pedagogy and Practice (2018 - Present)
- Solicited manuscripts for AHTR Weekly, a weekly blog that focuses on the pedagogy and practice of teaching Art History in higher education and AP courses.
- Peer-reviewed essays on art history pedagogy, instructional design, and online learning for Art History Pedagogy and Practice, the organization’s academic digital journal.
- Wrote essays on best practices and online learning pedagogy for AHTR Weekly, and presents on educational technology and online pedagogy at symposiums and conferences.
VISTPAC Undergraduate Committee (2017 - 2018)
Campus Coordinator for Reacting to the Past, Honors/LAUNCH (2017 - 2018)
- Worked with faculty and administration to develop student engagement and retention initiatives, specifically for online learning. This initiative focused on first generation and at risk students, and those who were active military personnel.
- Co-developed and implemented a four year curriculum that would ensure degree completion.
- Collaborated with faculty and administration to prepare documentation for SACS reaccreditation. Responsible for reviewing online courses, assessments, student learning outcomes, and course alignment.
- Spearheaded a program to establish the game-based, experiential pedagogy, Reacting to the Past, on campus.
- Led workshops for faculty to introduce them to the pedagogical premise of RTTP through immersive gameplay.
- Advocated for game-based learning by giving talks and running games at the university-sponsored Transformative Teaching and Learning Conference (April 2018).
Member of the Advisory Board (2016 to 2018)
Co-Vice President of Publications (2016 to 2018)
Co-Editor and Production Editor for Response (2016 to 2018)
Area Chair for American Studies (2014 to 2018)
- Worked with members of the Board to select conference site, to organize and run the Annual Conference, and in association governance.
- Organized and managed all publication schedules and deadlines, solicited manuscripts, and edited and proofread manuscripts.
- Utilized Markdown to convert manuscripts into web-ready format for Drupal.
- Worked with authors to check copyright information and negotiated image permissions for all forms of visual material, including artwork and films.
- Solicited and selected papers, and organized each session for the American Studies Area.
- Acted as the Session Chair for each American Studies session at the annual conference.
Faculty Advisor for The Art Attack Club, an Art History and Fine Arts Club (2015-2016)
Post a Comment